Friday, February 4, 2011

Remember Who You Are...

After being snowed inside my house all week I decided to finally start a blog. I have been wanting to start one for a while and here I go!

I was fortunate enough to grow up on Grand Lake AND I met my husband there! What a lucky girl I am. Grand Lake is and always will be a special place to me, so it was fitting to name my blog GrandLakeGirl. My dad always says, "You can take the girl out of Delaware County, but you can't take the Delaware County out of the girl!" I hope to never lose my small town values. Although I haven't lived there in several years, there is still a sense of "ahh" as you come down the hill near Tom Kat Corner and see a small glimpse of Sailboat Bridge-that is the exact moment I know I am home. Honey Creek is the place I learned to ski, tube, ride wave runners and learn to drive a boat. Summers were spent sunburned and watching the clock to make sure Matt didn't get any second longer than I did on the wave runner! (I'm such a nice sister) Holidays and birthdays were all spent at the lake. The older I get the more I appreciate my home town. In the not so near future, I hope my kids will get to make the many happy memories on Grand Lake that I got to!

So here is to remembering who I am and may you always....REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!

7 comments:

  1. That exact spot coming down to Tom Kat is definitely an "ahh" location.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name!! I remember your mom saying the same thing about you. Love you and miss you!!
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - I just started a blog, too - back in December - and I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm still learning the ropes and I'm still trying to figure out what I want my blog to be about. So far it's just been my musings. That'll do for now. Maybe we can learn together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it - cant wait to read all your posts - ps i need to go to grove soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete