Friday, February 25, 2011

To The Moon and Back!

It was the Easter Sunday after we lost Gran. The six of us were having breakfast at Grandpa's house. We were all a little teary and needed some good news. Little did we know our lives would soon change forever. Matt and Anne gave Mom and Dad a frame that said, "save this for baby Clouse, Due November 2007." Mom looked at it casually and handed it to Dad...we all knew she didn't read it. (I had a hunch something was up because Anne had turned a glass of wine down the night before...and that was a first!) All at once, we began to cry, laugh, clap and wonder. What would she look like? Sound like? What would her favorite color be? At that moment I was thrilled to be an Aunt. Although I knew I would love her, I didn't know how much until I saw her for the first time.  Her hands got me...they looked just like my Mom's. (Sorry Mack...you got the Clouse ears too) I realized that she was our baby. We were responsible for her. Now I realize the role of an Aunt is the BEST job...we introduce them to stickers, ketchup and M&M's and then give them back!!! I love it! Matt and Anne have to do the hard stuff and I'm there for the fun stuff.

Mackenzie Anne came at the exact moment our family neeeded her. God knew we needed happiness and that is exactly what she is. Even when she calls her mom an "Old Crazy Head" and blames it on me, I love her to pieces. She continues to be a blessing daily and I love watching her experince things for the first time.

I guess Matt and Anne thought I was doing a pretty good job at being an Aunt because they are giving me another one!!!! I can't wait!  They better watch out-this Aunt is ready to spoil!!!

Here is to Mackenzie Anne and Baby #2...I love you to the Moon and Back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment