Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cheaper Than Therapy...

A few years ago, I began running for all the wrong reasons. Along the way I found my inner strength and a new BEST FRIEND! (KB has been stuck with me since we were 4) Two full marathons and six half marathons later, I still enjoy a run. I joined a running club in Tulsa and met this out going, fun loving girl! Susie has become family. I love hers and she loves mine. Lita, her mom, jokes that I'm her "Gringa"! (I hope that is the right word)



                                                                   KB, Me and Susie!


Running not only helps me stay in shape physically, but mentally as well. My coach is 30 years older than me, but can out run me any day of the week! I love it! I wish Coach Judy would move to OKC! Susie, KB and I have also made running an excuse to travel. We have been to San Diego, Napa and Vegas together! People think I'm crazy for running, but it is cheaper than therapy. On our runs, we gripe, complain, gossip and help each other through the best and not so good of times. Now that I live in OKC, I miss my running buddies, but once again running brought a positive turn in my life. I have reconnected with a friend from high school and my "big sis" from OU! It has been so much fun! We are training for the OKC Memorial Half Marathon on May 1st!
                  
                                                              KB, Coach Judy and Me!

I always want to be faster, but I'm soon learning it isn't about the speed, but the will power to complete the race!

So here is to my 7th half marathon...everyone say 13 prayers on May 1st!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment